Thursday, September 30, 2010

Forward or Back?

I met with a friend today who is reentering the corporate workforce after our shared layoff in February. Hearing her news made me pause and feel a little envious. I had to ask myself what I envied and it ultimately boiled down to the paycheck. These feelings made me question whether I was doing the right thing pursuing my passions and not a six-digit salary.

I got home, checked email and had received DailyOm's Today's Inspiration email with a title "A Moment of Choice." DailyOm has this uncanny ability to send just the right sentiment at the right time. Today's Inspiration discussed the benefits of starting something new -- exactly what I needed to hear. I am on a new path, one that is rewarding and fulfilling. I wish my friend a bounty of luck, but am confident that I am moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment