Thursday, February 4, 2010

Balance

What is balance and why am I in pursuit of it? 

I just turned 37 and the thirties are especially challenging in the balance department.  American women are pulled in a million directions by careers, media pressure, family and personal desires. Empty and tapped, we struggle to pull it all back together with a smile.  So a year ago, I committed to finding balance in my relatively crazy life.  I haven't quite mastered it, but I am getting closer.  Everyday, I walk the  line between...
  • being a good mother and wanting me time
  • the desire to stay home and nest and feeling like a contributor to my family's bottom line
  • aging gracefully and fighting it every step of the way
  • doing what I love and doing what pays the bills
  • the media's expectations of me and my own expectations
  • eating what I love and eating what I should
  • emotional, financial and physical dependence on my husband and my need to be independent
  • the scale today and where I wish the scale was
  • doing the right thing and doing the easy thing
This will be an account of my journey to find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment